Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill Review
The Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill is an excellent and very popular choice of treadmill. With a high horse power motor that can take a pummelling, an incline range of up to 12 and (currently) a very reasonable price tag, it is clear to see why this is such a popular treadmill.
Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill Features
- 3.0 continuous-duty horsepower motor
- Speed range is 0.5-11 miles per hour/0.8-17.7 kilometers per hour
- 0-12% incline range
- Quick incline and quick-speed keys offer easy access to desired settings
- Fifteen workout programs: Manual, cardio, running, fat burn, speed interval jogger, hill intervals, 5K run with 12 intervals, heart strength/recovery test, calorie goal, distance goal, fat burn heart rate calculation, cardio heart rate calculation, body mass index (BMI) test, two custom programs
- Grip and telemetric heart rate monitors help measure your fitness level
- Skylight backlit LCD computer display
- Product Dimensions: 83 by 35 by 55.25 inches/211 by 89 by 140 centimeters
- Folded Product Dimensions: 40.87 by 35 by 65.5 inches/104 by 89 by 166 centimeters
- Machine Weight: 298 pounds/135 kilograms
- Maximum User Weight: 300 pounds/136 kilograms
- Power Requirements: 120VAC 15A non-GFI grounded outlet
- Strike Zone deck cushioning provides soft landing and firm lift-off
- Two-ply belt
- Rollers measure 2.5 inches/6.4 centimeters
- Walking/running surface area measures 20 inches wide by 60 inches long/51 by 152 centimeters
- Built-in three-speed fan
- Two bottle/cup holders
The two things that really stand out with the Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill are it’s incredibly sleek looks (it looks as if it has come from the future), and its very powerful motor that comes with a guarantee. The motor has 3.0 horsepower motor that is amongst the the most powerful found in any commercial home treadmill. And it is not only the motor that is powerful; the whole machine is built to withstand any punishment that heavy runners might give it.
The Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill has a standard grip heart rate monitor, which will allow you to keep track of your heart rate while you run your workout. However, these kinds of heart rate monitors are not always accurate (saying that, I use them all the time and find them to be more or less spot on) and you might want to consider buying a separate chest strap heart rate monitor. These come at around $30.
What’s really impressive about this treadmill is the speed range that it offers. It has 10 speed options and offers enough speed for professional runners to train on. The only person who might find themselves running off it is a certain Mr Bolt. Add this with an incline range of up to 12 percent and you’ll really have a challenging run with this treadmill.
The Bowflex Series 7 is a very heavy treadmill – you are going to really struggle to move it room to room by yourself. But this could be seen as a proof of its high quality build. The weight shows that it won’t get broken too easily, and as soon as you’ve set it up in your home, you won’t have to worry about its weight anymore and you’ll be able to focus more on your own weight.